Sunday, April 17, 2011

100 Days...

I'll admit... I'm not the best blogger in the world.  Sometimes I really don't have anything to say.  So I don't! LOL. Today, I do have something to say... and I'm gonna say it!

In 100 days, Tony & Cheryl's 'baby daughter' will be 40 years old.  I suppose that day, July 26th, will be just as much a rite of passage for them as it will be for me.  After all, I am pretty much a miracle baby (which I might blog about at some point), so the fact that I'm here, thriving 40 years later is a pretty awesome thing.

JoLai the Preemie, 1 month, 3 days old. (8/29/71)
I could write a whole blog just about my parents.  How much I love them... how much I need them... how much they have done for me & my siblings... how they are the best parents in the world...

Everything I have done for the past 39 years, 265 days have been ultimately to make Tony & Cheryl proud... to not embarrass them... to be as good of a daughter to them as they have been parents to me. Obviously, I'm not perfect... I've made plenty of mistakes & bad decisions... but for the most part, I think I've done a pretty good job.  I've always had an inner voice asking, "What would Mommy & Daddy think if they knew you did this?"  And that voice has kept me from doing a lot of stupid stuff. LOL! It's the truth!

My Hero & Shero: Tony & Cheryl
100 days from my 40th birthday, I'm in the best physical, mental & emotional shape that I have been in in 15 years.  Easily.  I'm healthy (for the most part)... I'm happy... really, REALLY happy!  I have 3 amazing siblings... 6 nieces & nephews... wonderful friends... a great job... no complaints.  I have lived the last 39 years, 265 days wanting for nothing -- thanks to Tony & Cheryl -- and I feel blessed for it!  When I say "wanting for nothing", I don't mean I got everything I wanted.  But in terms of necessities & general comforts? The Draper Kids were good to go! I never called us "spoiled"... I think we worked hard & were rewarded for doing what our parents asked & expected of us.

The Draper Kids then...

The Draper Kids now...


Finally, the good stuff... I weighed in yesterday, and I somehow managed to lose 2.4 more pounds.  Amazing, because I ate rice last week (which is my favorite food in the whole wide world).  This weigh in was significant, because I am now at 140.2 pounds.  When I stopped going to Weight Watchers in 2008, I was at 140.6:

2008...

Yesterday... Yep, down 11.6 lbs total since March 6th!

I'm below my last weigh-in weight, so that is very motivating for me!  Another reason why this weigh-in is significant is because I'm about to move into the 130s... and I don't plan to see the 140s EVER AGAIN. Adios, 140s!!!

Me... 100 days until I turn 40!

100 days and counting... Toodles!

2 comments:

  1. Awww. . . .love you and love counting down with you! You need to embed one of those countdown widgets. I'll help you figure out how to do it.

    Uuuuhh. . .and "The Draper Kids Now?" Hello. Why you got to have me pregnant as a "now?" Looking like I gots a beer belly. :) It's okay, that beer belly was worth it! :)

    You look AWESOME. Can I have those earrings?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great post. I almost cried when I saw the pic of you and your sibs as kids. I look forward to seeing your progress. Bye Bye 140s! Wait...are you having a birthday bash? What are you going to wear?

    ReplyDelete