Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Zumba® — Ditch the workout, Join the party!

Soooo, it's been a while since I posted, but I've still been working hard!  Before I get into this Zumba business, I have to give my Daddy a big shout out for joining me this past Sunday morning at The BEAST!  I was soooo proud of him for climbing that stairway!  He'll be 66 on Thursday, and the brotha does not like climbing stairs!  He did a great job!



Okay, where was I.... on Monday, I decided to try a new workout... I went to a Zumba class at Bally Total Fitness.  The Zumba motto is: Ditch the workout, join the party!  I'm always in search of something new to do, and the treadmill does get boring sometimes.  Zumba is an hour of dancing... like, for real salsa/latin dancing moves.  I must admit, I'm not the most coordinated person in these types of classes, but I had a lot of fun.  My body doesn't want to move like a salsa dancer, so I have to work on that part.  A few things I took home from the class:
1. stand up front near the instructor...
2.  don't stand near folks who are even less coordinated than I am... wow, the girls near me had ZERO rhythm, which is not good if you're trying to keep up in Zumba!
and
3.  an hour of Zumba is a lot more fun than an hour on my treadmill or the elliptical machine!

I'll keep you posted!









No comments:

Post a Comment