Sunday, November 15, 2009

Checking In....

Just a quick stop to let you know that I've been sick... so no workouts.  I guess there is a blog in here somewhere... because it's KILLING ME!  I've decided that my body was trying to tell me to take a break, and it knew the only way that would happen was to make me sick enough, weak enough, to not be able to exercise.  So that's what happened about a week ago.  I had already decided to take a couple of days off during my trip to Atlanta & Tuskegee for homecoming... but this chest cold or whatever added a whole extra week to my three little ol' days I had planned.

The good thing is that I realize exercise is a part of my life... like brushing my teeth or combing my hair.  I enjoy it.  I MISS IT! 

I miss the sweat. 
I miss the pain. 
I miss Claudine telling me I can do 8 more (even though I already did 8 more!) 
I miss the treadmill. 
I miss the girls at bootcamp. 
I miss trying to keep up in Zumba class.
I miss my Sunday hike with Daddy.
I miss lacing up my sneakers for a deliberate workout.
I miss how great I feel when I'm finished.

I'm hoping to get back in the game tomorrow.  I walked on the treadmill the other day... just a slow walk to warm up my muscles.  I'm going to take it slow, but I can't wait to get back in action!

1 comment:

  1. I can attest to her being under the weather as I am her concierge doctor on call here in Atlanta. In fact, I made a follow up call at 7am my time, which--Oh, my bad--is 4am in L.A. Whoops!

    Glad you're feeling better and that my over the phone diagnosis of not-flu was okay! Whew!

    ReplyDelete