Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Tuesday Thoughts...


One of the things I'm most proud of in the last year is my dedication to working out. I've somehow learned to enjoy working out. If I go two consecutive days without some form of deliberate exercise, I feel bad. Sounds crazy, huh? But I absolutely love it.

One of the main reasons for this change is my introduction to Claudine. I like the way she trains me, and it has helped me "mix up" my workouts. Before I met Claudine I was a "30 minutes on the treadmill" or "an hour on the treadmill" girl. I didn't even think about picking up weights or doing squats & lunges. I'd go into the gym, do some cardio, and leave the gym. Now I know that I have to incorporate strength training into my workouts. I also know that it's better to either 1) go back and forth between weights & cardio, or 2) do the weights first & finish with the cardio. My natural inclination was to start with cardio & lift weights afterwards (maybe!) Most of the time I would go in the gym & jump on an empty cardio machine... an hour later I'd be too pooped to think about walking upstairs to get on a weight machine! I've learned to exercise "smarter".

So that's all for now... by the way, I had a great workout today... 30 minutes of weights & 30 minutes of treadmill intervals!

No comments:

Post a Comment